The BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a repost of my most beloved cookie (with a much more appetizing picture.  My photography has improved over the last four years!)
  If I could only have one dessert for the rest of my life, it would be this.  I love a good homemade cookie! The melted butter and extra egg yolk make these nice and chewy. This recipe also has less sugar than most cookie recipes and uses all wheat flour.

Cream together in large bowl:
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 c.) butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. white sugar
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
Add:
2 cups and 2 TBS wheat flour (preferably white wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

-Sprinkle cookies with a little kosher salt if desired--and I usually do.  
-Bake at 325  13-14 minutes for cookies. 16-20 minutes for large cookies (pictured). Cool five minutes on cookie sheet.  This enhances chewiness.  Baking time does vary due to size of cookie.  You can go mini to VERY large.  To check for doneness I like the edges to begin turning brown.  For a crispier cookie cook a bit longer.  For a softer cookie a little less.
-Makes 20 large cookies or about 3-4 dozen small cookies.
-You can also add toffee bits to this recipe.  Since they are so sweet I usually cut out a few tablespoons of sugar.
-Feel free to freeze cookie dough, or freeze the cookies once they have been baked.  Either way works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment